Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 142 and Added a couple of new favorite links

I added a couple of new favorite links today to my list at the bottom of the page. One is for my child care provider friends out there and it's called "Explorations Early Learning". It is the website for Jeff & Tasha Johnson's child care program. Jeff wrote the book on burnout for child care providers called "Finding your smile again". Great book, by the way! The other is for the Frugal Dad blog that I talked about a few days ago.

From "Finding your smile again", I read this today:
Positive outlook: The way you think about the world becomes a mirror of the world you live in. If you see the world as dark, dangerous, and dreadful, that is the world in which you will live. If you see a world full of possibilities and potential, that is where you will reside. Thinking positively about situations and people can help you bring about beneficial outcomes; your personal outlook is an important tool in fighting burnout and in changing your thinking.

That just hit me between the eyes! WOW! Have you ever known people who's outlook on life is so grim that you can't hardly stand to spend time with them, it's just too depressing? I try really hard not to be one of those people, but I do find myself feeling that way from time to time. Here's to having a more positive outlook!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to say this, but you and Mandy know exactly who that sounds like! I loved them both dearly, but they got really hard to be around at the last! I try really hard to make sure that I never go to that dark place that they lived in for so many years!!!

KiddoKare1 said...

Yes, I know who you mean. I've also found myself putting distance between a friend and I because she's so down every time that I talk to her and I don't know what to do or say. Then I feel bad because she probably needs a friend now worse than ever!