Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 123 and What a Difference!

So I was thinking today about how I was feeling a couple of years ago the day before Serenity's graduation. I was so stressed out, I was a total basket case! Don't get me wrong, I'm stressed out about Josh's graduation and the party, but nothing like I was then. I think a lot of it boils down to us having better control of our finances. I've been putting money aside for Josh's graduation gift, and to pay for the party. So I just had to pull out that envelope to go shopping earlier this week for the party. I've got Josh's graduation money ready, I just need to get him a card to go with it. It was a couple of weeks after Serenity's graduation before I had her money for her. I am just praising God for the wonderful blessings we've seen over the last few months!

I finally got to watch the movie Flywheel earlier this week. I had borrowed it from a friend quite a while back, but with the end of school crunch hadn't had time to watch it. It was made by the same church that produced Facing the Giants-it was their first movie. It was a little rougher around the edges, but I liked it as much or maybe even better than Facing the Giants. I think the thing I liked best about it was that even after the main character had his turning point, he still struggled with doubts and fears. That is so true to life! We can feel on top of the world one moment and then knocked down to our knees in the next. On our knees is probably where we need to be!

Tomorrow will be a crazy busy day so I will try to post, but if I don't get a chance, I'm sure you'll all understand! I'm hoping to have the debt update ready to post by tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications

Anonymous said...

Ya know Tracy, I have been reading through your blog and you have inspired me! :) One thing I can say about this post, I love Flywheel, it was an awesome movie, and I loved Facing the Giants. I own these movies, but.....one issue I have about them, is although they show real life, I would be so hesitant to show them to non-christians, reason being is that yes even Christians go through hard times but it dont always end up the way those movies show it does. Just like in Flywheel, ummm in real life, I dont think the guy would have sold every car on his lot? LOL Its just not a reality, but both movies are so awesome to watch, I just had to have them! Anyway, just wanted to post a comment! Have a great day! Keep the faith!

KiddoKare1 said...

Tammy, hey girl! How are you?

I get what you're saying about the movies and I think you make a valid point. I think the thing to remember is that if that is what GOD wanted (all the cars to sell), it could happen. But it doesn't mean it would. I think I would just remind others that it's just a story and to remember that.