Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 121 and 4 months!

Well, 4 months ago today we started our Financial Peace class, and 4 months ago tomorrow, I started the blog. Can you believe I have posted on this thing for 121 days in a row? LOL!

Let's see, some updates. We are doing well at controlling ourselves with Sonic drinks and eating out. I'm not saying we never do it, but it's nothing like it used to be! I sent the garage sale money towards the one credit card today, it will bring that balance down to $495. We got a letter from them yesterday saying that we had a payment due each month on the 25th of $25 through July, and then a final payment of $799.19 in August (they apparently had not received the $250 payment when they sent the letter). Anyway, I'm hopeful that we'll either have it paid off by then or we'll have made enough extra payments that they'll be willing to continue working with us. The collection phone calls have slowed down and almost stopped. As we continue to make payments, hopefully they'll stop all together.

On my eating habits. Well, some days I do better than others. I just keep trying! I've been trying to buy healthier foods and lots of fruits and veggies to munch on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really so proud of all that you have accomplished in such a short time!Just keep your heart in it and you can do it!!

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks Di!

Anonymous said...

Tracy-

It's so funny that you mention Sonic drinks in this message on your blog. Several years ago, when my boys were still in school and I had lawyer bills to pay and other financial obligations, I remember passing up the Sonic so I could keep that dollar bill in my wallet. Some people may laugh at that, but it is the little things that sink us.