Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 113 and Who's Tired of the Price of Gas?

My goodness! Is anyone but me sick of the price of gas? That's pretty much a rhetorical question since I know that we all are. What can we do to save on gas? The gas that Tom needs to get back and forth to work is pretty much set, we can't really cut back on that. He has to go to work 5 days a week. It takes about one tank of gas a week, so right now that's around $45 or so. Since it's summer, my child care association in Enid will be taking a break so I won't be driving to Enid for that, but I will be taking some other child care related training. However, the May trainings fall on weekends I would be going in to go grocery shopping anyway so I can just do my shopping while I'm in town. I already only grocery shop every other weekend and have Tom pick up stuff I need in between. Then of course, there's the twice on Sunday drive to church. I really don't want to give up church. I've not felt like I belong in a church as well as I belong in this one since I was a kid and teenager and went to church with my grandmother.

I called the Dr's billing office this morning and got Tasha's bills straightened out. I HOPE! The lady is also supposed to call me back when the payments I mailed on Saturday make it there.

Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Last time I filled the van, it was $60. We don't just go out and spend sixty bucks lightly, but it's gotten commonplace at the gas station.

KiddoKare1 said...

Yep, that's about what it takes to fill my van. Darned depressing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! Danny keeps complaining because our pickup is only getting about 17 or 18 mpg, and we use it to make deliveries for the business. We don't feel like we can charge delivery fees, because they are really good customers, but all of our vendors are starting to charge more for delivering to us! And UPS charges sre ridiculous!. On the other hand, we are getting more people that won't drive to Enid to save on a quart of oil, etc.