Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day 95 and Well...I'm a KLUTZ!

Oh wow, am I ever a klutz! Yesterday, I got my foot (specifically my big toe) caught on a gate and fell right on the same knee that I fell over the same gate and landed on last summer. At least this time my knee hasn't swelled up horribly, but it is pretty sore. I do think I either chipped a bone on the top of my big toe or pulled something in it (are there muscles in big toes, LOL?) because it is swollen and hurts very bad. Naturally, it's been stepped on several times today, too.
Tom gets paid tomorrow and so do I from some of my families, so I'll be posting an updated debt list. I've got $225 worth of payments to credit cards ready to send out. With the payment I sent earlier this month, that will total $250 so far on credit cards this month.

On other stuff, I started an envelope to save for Josh's graduation gift and to pay for his reception afterwards. I've also started an envelope to save for our real estate taxes at the end of this year. If we can save $40 a month, we should have enough to pay for our property and personal taxes all at once in December. My next goals are 1) to start saving for the kids to go to Falls Creek. We usually pay their way and they have to take their own spending money. 2) to start saving for vacation week this summer so that maybe Tom & I can do a little something, plus to help make up for the money I won't be making that week since I don't take paid vacations.

A true confession: We've got Sonic drinks the last two days. Hanging my head in shame. Well, we're not perfect, we've just got to keep trying. On the positive side, I had to run to Enid last night to take back some jeans of Josh's that we got Monday night. They didn't take the shoplifting ink disk off. They took it off and gave me a $5 gift card since I had to drive all the way back in to have it done. I was seriously tempted to bring home fast food for supper, but I did not! I came home and cooked, even though my knee and foot were hurting. I was very proud of myself for that!

No comments: