Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 93 and I am so tired today!

Tasha had a band trip today and had to be at school at 5:15 a.m., so I got up around 4:00 to make sure that she was up and around. My plan was to go back to sleep in the recliner but that didn't happen, I was wide awake, so I did some stuff around the house. Now it's hitting me hard!

We took Josh out to eat for his birthday last night (finally!). That should be it on eating out for a while. Sure don't want to slip back into those old habits! It sure would be easy.

I've got a crockpot of Tom's chili recipe going for supper. Already smells wonderful! If I can get his permission, I'll post the recipe for everyone.

Speaking of crockpots, something that Tom & I really like in the crockpot is meatballs. Sometimes I make them and sometimes I buy them pre-made. But we make them several different ways:

Meatballs with a jar of spaghetti sauce poured over them and cooked on low for a few hours. These make great meatball subs or spaghetti & meatballs.

Meatballs with homemade bbq sauce or a bottle of bbq sauce poured over them and cooked on low.

My favorite is: meatballs with a diluted can of cream of mushroom soup poured over them and cooked on low. If you have a lot of meatballs, you might want to use two cans of soup. These are yummy on mashed potatoes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got rested up yesterday. You need all the energy you can get with those little ones....LOL

KiddoKare1 said...

I tell you what, this blasted wind is about to wear me down, not to mention killing my sinuses. Tasha has to get up and be at school at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow so guess it will be another early day for me!

Anonymous said...

I want to try those with mushroom soup sounds good!

Mom Thumb said...

I hear you with the wind. Enough already. I hope Tom lets you print that chili recipe - is it the one you used at the chili cookoff a couple of years ago? Because that was awesome!

KiddoKare1 said...

Mandy, they are very good!

Linda, yes, it's the same recipe as the chili cook-off. It's yummy!