Friday, February 29, 2008

Day 47 and it's been almost 7 weeks!

As I'm getting ready to write this, I realize that we've been on this journey for almost 7 weeks. It hasn't been easy and it has had it's ups and downs, but most important of all is the fact that we're sticking to it, even when it might seem easier to walk away.

Ok, time to update on some goals.

We are still avoiding Sonic drinks, for the most part. I did stop in there last Sunday when I was sick (after I went to Urgent Care) and bring home drinks for the whole family. But it was happy hour, so that helped. As I already mentioned, we did eat out twice last weekend, but considering how sick that we were and I still managed to cook two meals (Saturday lunch and Sunday supper), I just refuse to be too hard on us. I do think it would be a wise idea next time that I grocery shop to get some items for a "sick shelf". These could be freezer items or pantry items that can be thrown together as a simple meal when we're not feeling well. That might help ease the temptation to eat out. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but we still haven't got the student loan papers filled out and sent in for Tom. I've got the Christmas account set up and automatic transfers set to automatically put money in there.

I almost have the March budget ready so that Tom & I can have our "budget committee meeting".

No comments: