Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 45 and Update on Tom's Car

Well, the news is in on Tom's car. It needs a rack & pinion, so the parts (with the discount we get at the store-THANKS to Di & Dan for that!!!!) are going to be around $150, and labor we're not sure on yet, but possibly around $100. I had hoped maybe we could just somehow squeeze the money out of the budget and not have to touch the EF, but that's not going to happen, so we have to use part of the EF. At first I was really upset and discouraged, but Tom & I talked about it last night and I felt better. We are not having to put off paying a bill so that we can get the car fixed, we can just get the car fixed. Tom reminded me that we've been able to get the EF built up over the last few weeks, and we can rebuild it.

I've been working on the March budget so that Tom and I can have the budget committee meeting. As I was working, I realized again that we've made amazing progress just in the last few weeks. I paid our cell phone bill today-ON TIME! In the last month, we've made two cell phone bill payments and two electric bill payments so that they are both paid up to date. I seriously think that was the first time since last June that the electric bill got paid on time. Not sure about the cell phone bill. I'm planning to pay the regular phone bill at the end of this week when I get paid and that will be two phone bill payments made this month and that will be up to date. I just have to keep reminding myself of the positive whenever I feel a bit down!

1 comment:

Mom Thumb said...

Do try to stay focused on the positive. I know from your point of view it's very discouraging. But looking from the outside in, I have to say, I am so impressed by what you have been able to accomplish in a really short time. I don't think you realize how great you are doing!