Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 19 and here comes the weekend!

Wow! I'm so glad it's Friday! It's been a pretty good week, and I've managed to actually get a bit of my homework done, but I always look forward to the weekend.

Let's review some of our successes. We are finishing up our second week of no Sonic drinks other than the two days that Tom got drinks before band practice. The last time we ate out was on our (almost) free date two weeks ago tomorrow. We are up to $280 in our baby EF, and I have sold two books on half.com this week. When that money gets deposited, I'll put it in the EF and it will bring it up another $60. I hate to brag on us (okay, really, I don't! LOL), but I'm so impressed with how we're doing on the EF. We never got more than $50-$100 in it last time we went through FPU. We also paid our house payment on time, saving ourselves stupid tax in the amount of $10. That also brought our total amount paid on debt up to $831.08!

I want to share another favorite crockpot recipe:

Lemon Pepper Chicken

chicken pieces (whatever your family likes, we like chicken breast)
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
lemon pepper

Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot and pour the melted margarine on top. Sprinkle with the lemon pepper. Cook on high 4-6 hours or until done.

I can usually start this after lunch and it will be ready for supper, but as always, it depends on how fast your crockpot cooks. I love this recipe! The chicken is so moist and flavorful. It's good by itself as part of a meal, made into chicken noodles or cut up in a garden salad (that's my favorite way!). Today, I took a piece of leftover lemon pepper chicken, diced it up and added mayo, mustard, and onion to make chicken salad. It was very good that way too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make lemon pepper that way just baked in the oven but that sounds like it would be a lot juicier. I will have to try it.