Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 8 and Feeling Down Today

I am feeling so down today! I'm overwhelmed with homework for my online college courses and feel way in over my head, and even though I only had two kids today, it was a rough day with them so I'm drained.

Anyway, on to other things. Today, I'd like to share a favorite crockpot recipe for roast.

Ingredients:
roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 box Lipton (or whatever store brand you normally buy) onion soup mix
carrots
potatoes (peeled and whole or cut in half, depending on size)

Pour the cream of mushroom soup in the bottom of the crockpot. Set the roast on top of it and sprinkle one package of the soup mix. Let the roast cook for a while, then later add the carrots and potatoes and sprinkle the other package of soup mix on top of the vegetables. This is easy and very good. The mushroom soup makes a yummy gravy.

Now for some true confessions. Tom and I LOVE Sonic drinks! Since Tom works in Enid, we have a bad habit of getting drinks from Sonic more often than we should. So my goal for this week is NO Sonic drinks! Another problem is money spent at ballgames. It's hard to go set through ballgames and not buy anything at all to eat or drink. Friday night, we ended up spending $19 at the game ($11 to get in, $8 on drinks and snacks). We have a basketball game tomorrow night. I'm determined to only pay the entry fee and not buy any snacks or drinks in the game.

So goals for the next few days:
1. No Sonic drinks
2. No concession stand money at bb games
3. Find more items to sell for baby EF

Updates on other goals: I've got a menu planned for Monday-Thursday so far this week. I don't have the forms from the bank yet for the Christmas club. I did get some pre-authorized checking account withdrawals set up for Tom's payday this Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only way I make roast now is with your recipe and I love it! It's cheap, easy, and the best roast I have ever had! I am a sucker for Sonic drinks also. I think its mainly the ice, so with trying to cut back on pop, I have been just getting water when I go there and they only charge me about a quarter for it.

KiddoKare1 said...

Yes, I think you're right about it being the ice. Sometimes I just go to the Pad and get a cup of ice.

I'm glad you like that roast recipe. It is so good!

Mom Thumb said...

Sorry you are having a down day. Actually, I was pretty blah all day Monday, I think because of the grayness. I feel better now that the sun is shining. Sounds like you still accomplished some good things!