Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day 7 and Some of my Favorite Frugal Sites

Wow! It's already at the end of the first week! My goodness, time flies! Today I would like to share some of my favorite frugal websites.

The first one is Living on a Dime. I have their cookbooks, Not Just Beans (the original) and Dining on a Dime (the updated version). I love the cookbooks because they are real recipes using real ingredients with real tasty, down home cooked foods. There is nothing that annoys me more than a cookbook with weird recipes and ingredients I've never heard of.

www.livingonadime.com

Another favorite is The Hillbilly Housewife. There are some more wonderful and what I call "real" recipes on there.

www.hillbillyhousewife.com

Another great site is the Dollar Stretcher site. It's full of articles and information.

www.stretcher.com

Pat Veretto has a great Frugal Living blog:

http://patverettosfrugalliving.blogspot.com/

So does Mary Hunt:

http://www.moneyrulesdebtstinks.com/

One of my favorite books is called "The Complete Tightwad Gazette". It is a compilation of the Dacyzyn family's Tightwad Gazette newsletters, a little over 6 years worth. Whenever I'm feeling like I need a "frugal" boost, I love to pull out that book and start reading.

Tonight is week 2 of our Financial Peace University class. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Mom Thumb said...

Wow, thanks for posting those. They are some great websites!