Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 13 and Staying out of Wal-Mart

Well, I'm snowed under with homework today. I've got two papers due tomorrow in one class that I'm not finished with yet and another assignment in my other class due tomorrow. I've been at it for hours, and am slowly making progress, but now I'm taking a break.

I took the $50 that was deposited into our savings from Tom's paycheck yesterday and added it to the baby EF, so it's up to $240! Yay! We are 24% of the way there!

Last night, I went grocery shopping, which is also when I usually go to Wal-Mart. Since I can't seem to come out of Wal-Mart without spending $80-$100 and I didn't need much anyway, I decided to avoid Wal-Mart and just go to Dollar General to get the few things that I needed. Well, Tasha wanted to go in and look at something, and we had called in a refill to Tom's prescriptions over a week ago, so we went in anyway. After standing in line for 20 minutes, I get told by the little girl behind the counter "It looks like we haven't heard back from the Dr. yet". I pointed out that we had called those in over a week ago, couldn't someone have called us and let us know? She shrugged her shoulders at me!!!!! So I just took a deep breath, rolled my eyes and left. So after that I didn't have any trouble leaving Wal-Mart and doing my shopping at Dollar General. LOL.

You know, it's very hard for me to post stuff like I did yesterday. I don't want people that I care about to think less of me. But part of what I'm trying to do is change my life, and to do that, I have to be totally honest, both with myself and others.

Ok, back to my school work now...wish me luck!

4 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

I can understand it's uncomfortable to talk about, but I think it's very courageous of you!

I try to avoid Wal-Mart if at all possible. I've wasted enough years of my life waiting in line there.

Good luck with your homework!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, please don't think that i am judging you in any way. sometimes I don't comment because I am at a loss for words.....yes, me, as hard as that is to imagine...LOL I feel bad that you have had so many financial problems, and I admire you greatly for being so open and honest, and trying to make a change. As for the Wal-mart experience. OMG,I have actually stood in line there at the pharmacy for over 30 minutes at least 4 times in the last two months. We buy Danny's insulin and syringes there because the Reli-on brand is sooo much cheaper than it is anywhere else. I also have to pick up prescriptions for Joyce there, and I have a few allergy precriptions that I get there. I don't know why the pharmacy is so slow there lately, but I have also had issues with them not calling me about problems with a refill. I keep threatening to buy my groceries at Jumbos, but a lot of the stuff we buy is cheaper at Wal-Mart, and once I am there, I want to just get it done, and go home. After working all day, I hate running all over the place shopping.

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks Linda! LOL on the wasting enough years of your life waiting in line there. Isn't that the truth? And those darn self checkout lines!!! That just ticks me off. They want me to do their job, and then you end up having to call someone over anyway because the darn thing messes up somehow. ARGH!

KiddoKare1 said...

Di, you're right, imagining you at at loss for words is a bit hard. LOL!

I just worry what people reading this think of me, especially people that I might owe money right now. But as I keep telling myself, I can't do anything to change the past. I can only learn from it and move on.