Saturday, April 23, 2011

Used my Target gift card tonight!

I used my Target gift card tonight. I think I did pretty well with it:

I got:
A package of Charmin toilet paper, 36 rolls, $14.99, had a $1 off coupon.
A package of Bounty paper towels, 6 big rolls, and a package of Bounty napkins, $6 and 3.14 respectively with a $2 off coupon.
2 bottles of Lysol toilet bowl cleaner on sale for 1.89 with a $1 off two coupon
2 bottles of Lysol all purpose cleaner on sale for 1.89 with a $1 off two coupon
A package of Styrofoam plates (I needed them for this week's child care association meeting), 3.99
3 packages of Always pads, $5.49 each with a $5 gift card when you bought 3
a box of Angel food cake mix 2.24
2 packages of hot dog buns; $1.24 each

I paid for everything except the plates and one package of hot dog buns with the $50 gift card that I won, and owed 23 cents after coupons and the gift card. Then I used the $5 gift card from the first transaction to pay for the plates and other package of hot dog buns and owed 66 cents on top of the $5 gift card. So for 89 cents I got all of that stuff! What a blessing!

I also took my Register Rewards to Walgreen's last night and got 5 12 packs of Diet Coke for free, except for tax. So we're stocked up on Diet Coke for a while.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Good for you! That is a great shopping trip for sure! Glad you got some diet coke too. I went back and got 5 more coke at that price.

Di said...

Good Job! I really ought to use more coupons, but I just don't have the patience for it! I either can't find the brand I have a coupon for, or I forget to give it to the checkout clerk!

KiddoKare1 said...

Mandy: Yeah, that was a great price on the Diet Coke. I'm hoping it will go on sale again around Memorial Day and I can get some more. Di, what I've been doing when I make my list is putting down (coupon) in parenthesis when I know I have one I want to use. Then I pull it out when I find the item. If Tom or Tasha is with me, I make them hold it. LOL. Otherwise, I hold it.