Thursday, April 21, 2011

I got it on sale with a coupon

When I used to coupon alot, that was my favorite saying! LOL. Now I'm trying to do it again. I went to Walgreen's Monday night and picked up a few bargains:

Scotch tape, buy 1 for 1.99, get two free. I got coupons for them thanks to my wonderful niece Mandy so got those for free!

Excedrin products were buy one, get the other 1/2 price. AND if you bought $15 worth you got $5 in Register Rewards. I had coupons for all the bottles I bought so I saved an additional $4.50 on them. I got 4 bottles in all, should last us a while. Tasha uses them for her migraines a lot so they'll come in really handy.

Colgate products were 2/$6 and you got $4 in Register Rewards. I had $1 off coupons so with the Register Rewards, they were basically free.

Neilmed Saline Naso gel was on sale for $4.99 with $5 in Register Rewards and the one I picked up had $1.50 off coupon on it so I made $1.50 on that!

I also got free chocolate covered Peeps (thanks to coupons my niece told me about)and 3 bottles of Softsoap liquid hand soap.

Last week I went back with my Register Rewards and got the rest of the stuff I needed for our Halloween party plus a few other things and only had to pay tax. This week, I have $14 in Register Rewards to take back in, I'll let you know what I get with that.

4 comments:

Di said...

LOL I hope you meant your Easter party! It seems a little early for Halloween party shopping..... Seriously, though, I am glad you are finding ways to save money !Every little bit helps!

KiddoKare1 said...

Good grief, LOL! I did say Halloween party. YES I meant Easter party. LOL.

Mandy said...

Great job! I don't mind helping at all :) We are learning and hopefully it can help both of our budgets.

KiddoKare1 said...

Mandy, I used to do it alot more (and I know you did too), but when Homeland left, I kind of quit. There is a Homeland in Perry that doubles up to $1 and a Food Pyramid in Stillwater and Ponca City that doubles up to 50 cents. I've been figuring how much $'s I would have to save to make a trip there worthwhile.LOL.