Monday, January 25, 2010

2 Years and 11 Days and ever feel like giving up?

My devotional on Saturday was about Elijah wanting to give up, even after God had used Elijah to show Israel how powerful He was (1 Kings 18-19). That got me to thinking about how many times I've wanted to give up, even after God showed me how powerful He is. Elijah felt alone. I often feel alone. But Elijah was not, and neither am I. Then Sunday's sermon at church was what to do if your prayers were never answered. What if our prayers aren't answered about Tom's job? What if my openings aren't filled? What's the answer? From Habakkuk 3:

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

In other words, rejoice in the Lord and look to Him for my answers.

No comments: