Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 515 and blessings

One thing that I usually try to do when I'm feeling down is list my blessings. I can think of several right now.
1. Tom still has a job, even though he's still only working 32 hours a week. At least two other companies that we know of in Enid have laid off and then there is the strike out at Vance going on with all of those people out of work (Tom worked out at Vance when we first met).
2. My business is going well. I have been having calls and have at least one prospect for filling my full-time spot in August. Summer is usually a slow time for me and while it's hard financially, I think to a certain degree I need it to be able to keep on doing this job. One of the ladies that talked to me about child care said she had heard so much good stuff about me and she really wanted to place her child here. That made me feel really good.
3. We have a fantastic exciting trip to look forward to in a few weeks (of course setting aside the money for the trip is a little bit stressing to me, but it will all work out).
4. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world.
5. I have three wonderful, beautiful children.
6. Serenity had a scary wreck a few weeks ago and thankfully was able to pretty much walk away. On top of that, she had enough money saved to go out and pay cash for a new (to her) car without having to finance and that took a lot of stress off all of us.
7. I have great friends and an incredible extended family.
8. Lastly, today I only have one child. Next week, my max kids any of the days will be 4. As my friend pointed out to me: God knew I needed a break.

I will close with this Bible verse from Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice!

No comments: