Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 369 and update on goals for new years

Goal #1: Continue our journey towards financial peace.

The baby EF is up to $165 as of yesterday. I need to get a budget ready for February (My goal is to do that by this coming Friday so we have time to have our meeting before January's over). We have eaten out a couple of unplanned times, but for the most part, we've been eating at home. I'm not going to be too hard on ourselves about it, we just have to be careful.

Goal #2: Get more organized in my home and business.

Well, I'm still working on this. It's a process of building new habits, which is hard. Flylady has started sending out a to-do list for the next day. I've been printing it off and trying my best to do it. I do better in the morning routine than I do with the evening routing. So my goal for this next week is to continue to do well on the morning routine and work on establishing a good evening routine.

Goal #3: Have a more positive attitude.

As you may have guessed from my post yesterday, I'm having a hard time with this. LOL. Seriously, I'm trying, but not always doing that great. I did finally make a joy journal. I had an empty folder with paper in it, I think I made it at VBS one year to be a prayer journal and never used it. So I am going to use it as my joy journal. So on my daily to-do lists, I'll add: record something in the joy journal. That way when I"m feeling down or grumpy, I can read the Joy Journal and give myself a lift.

I'm going to try to make Saturdays my "update" day for the goals for this year so I can keep everyone apprised of how it's going.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: