Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 359 and trying to do the budget

So I've been trying to work up a budget for this month. It's really hard when we don't know how much Tom's paychecks are going to be with the reduction in hours. Of course, I can estimate, but I don't have an exact figure. It's also hard because there just does not seem to be enough money for everything. But, I think I'm about to get it all worked out. So send me some good thoughts, I'd sure appreciate them! One good thing is that I'll get my financial aid refund from OU in the next couple of weeks so that will help. I've also had the two new kids start. I won't start seeing any money from them until February, so January will be tough, but I think we'll be okay. I'm just trying to focus on what Dave says about keeping your four walls: home, food, utilities, and vehicles taken care of. That means the credit cards have been on the back burner for a while which means we're getting creditor calls again. Sigh. So far I'm ignoring them because I do not know what to say. Keeping my eyes on God!

My joy for today: the weather was beautiful and we got to spend time outside both morning and afternoon. It was wonderful!

No comments: