Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 358 and sharing my goals, part 3

My third goal for this year:
3. Have a more positive attitude.

My negative attitude is something that I have struggled with all of my life. I was elected as class pessimist in both my 9th grade and 12th grade graduations. LOL. In the last few years, I've worked really hard to overcome that negativity and have made strides, but I want to continue to work on it. I don't think I'll ever be a ray of sunshine, but maybe I can at least avoid being a rain cloud.

Mini-goals:
A. Have a joy journal. Write down at least one thing everyday that was a blessing or made me smile.
B. Attribute positive intent. This is from one of my favorite authors, Dr. Becky Bailey. My friend recently sent me a bracelet with the words "positive intent" on it. I've been wearing that remind myself to look for the positive in things, whether it's with the kids or with my family or other areas of life. Even if their intent isn't positive, my attitude is better if I think it is.
C. Do my Bible study daily and pray continuously. If I keep my eyes on God, it helps my attitude.

Speaking of blessings, I had a phone call today from someone looking for child care in the mornings from 8-12. Since I have bigger kids gone to school during the day, I can take a drop-in during that time to help our income while Tom is off on Fridays plus it will help us rebuild our EF.

No comments: