Sunday, December 28, 2008

Days 347, 348, and 349 and scared

Something scary happened on Christmas eve that I haven't mentioned yet. I'm almost scared to talk about it because talking about it might make it real. Tom's dad being hospitalized kind of pushed this other issue aside for a while, but the worry is back.

The crappy economy has hit us right between the eyes. On Christmas eve, Tom's job handed out letters notifying everyone that they were being cut down to 4 days/32 hours a week, effective this next week. This is going to severely affect our debt repayment plan and even though I'm trying really hard not to be worried and scared, well, I am. So, just asking for prayers there.

We did get the van back and with our Christmas money and the tiny bit in the EF, we paid off the mechanic and paid off all we owe to the auto parts store. So at least that's one less bill to be worrying about right now. Wasn't really what we had hoped to spend our Christmas money on, but it was a blessing to have the money and be able to pay that all off.

2 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

I'm generally not a worrier, but I have to admit that I'm pretty freaked out right now with this economy. It's getting harder and harder to have faith and patience. But we're all still hanging in!

KiddoKare1 said...

Yeah, it is hard not to freak out. I'm not usually a worrier about the economy, but I am a little (actually a lot!) worried right now.