Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Days 351 and 352 and SICK AGAIN

Tom and I were both sick yesterday with a stomach bug. I was still feeling really bad and running a pretty high fever last night so I closed down for today (I only had one child scheduled). Tom still wasn't feeling the greatest, but he went to work anyway. I am feeling much better this morning, thank goodness. I just cannot believe that I had two stomach bugs within a little over 2 weeks. Good grief!

Well, today is the last day of 2008. It's been an exciting year for our family. We have made some very positive changes in our life. This morning, I added up what we've spent out of the emergency fund since we started it in mid-January. $3483!!!! WOW! If you'd told me a year ago we'd ever manage to even do an emergency fund, I am not sure I'd have believed it was possible. That total is not counting the fact that we spent almost all of our Christmas money to fix the van and pay off our auto part bill. We are back to square one on the EF and it's time to start again.

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

No comments: