Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 225 and Motivational Quotes

Another of the lessons learned from Denise Ryan at the conference a few weeks ago was to use motivational quotes to keep yourself motivated. I love quotes! I have some favorites. One is by Mother Teresa: "It's not what you do, but how much love you put into it". I think that sums up my job perfectly. Another is from the Bible: Colossians 3:23: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men". I try really hard to keep that one in mind on those days where the kids are really acting up or I'm feeling wiped out. I'm not doing this job just for me. I'm doing it for the kids, the parents, and most importantly for God. Another one of my favorites (from a t-shirt I used to have and on my business cards now): "Home child care is where the heart is". I know it's where my heart is. Do you have any favorite motivational quotes that you like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the end depends on the beginning....choose quality. That's on the back of my shirts!

KiddoKare1 said...

Oh yeah, I've seen that one on the signature in your e-mails, too, Christina. I love that one!