Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 33 and It's Been a Month

Well, yesterday was a month since we started this journey and I started the blog. I gotta tell you, this is hard! I know it's going to pay off in the end, but I'm hoping it gets easier! It helps knowing if I screw up, I'll have to come here and post about it, so that has helped save me from doing something stupid a couple of times. LOL! Wednesday night, after our date, we were so tempted to go to Sonic and get drinks, but we resisted. After the day I'd had, a Sonic drink just sounded sooooo good! I worry about slipping back into the habit of getting Sonic drinks several times a week, or eating out too often. So I want to be sure that if we do decide to eat out, it's a planned expenditure and comes from the food money. It's those spur of the moment, "I don't feel like cooking, let's just eat out" that kill us. Dave says to "Live like no one else, so later you can live like no one else". I just try to imagine the feeling of not owing anyone any money. I don't think I've been debt free since I was in high school and I got my first car loan. I can't even imagine what that is going to feel like.

I'm amazed at our progress with the baby EF. Tom got paid for the guitar lessons that he gives last night, and he added that money to the EF. That brings it to a total of $485. It's not all the way funded, but we're making good progress!

I've got a homework filled weekend ahead of me, and at some point, I have to get our taxes done so that I can file Serenity's, Josh's, and my FAFSA for our college financial aid. I can't believe that this fall I'm going to have two children in college!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great on the emergency fund you are doing awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am really so impressed with you all. I hate to think how much money we spend eating out, and at quick shops, gas, etc. just running around doing nothing! Keep up the good work, just don't kick yourself for giving in to temptation once in a while.

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks, Mandy! Di, it would probably surprise you. It really adds up!