Monday, March 7, 2011

Joy in the face of Adversity

Last night in Discipleship training classes at church, we were reading about Paul when he was writing to the church at Philippi. Paul was in prison, but still managed to have joy because his heart was centered on Christ. In fact, Philippians is the site of one of my favorite Bible passages, chapter 4:11-13

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

See, that's what I want. I want to be content whatever my circumstances. I don't want to be rude and hateful to my husband because we're in a stressful situation.

No comments: