Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year In Review

Hard to believe that today is the last day of 2010, isn't it? In just a few months, my "baby" girl will be graduating from high school!

In many years, 2010 was a very rough year. But rather than focusing on the ways it was hard, I want to look at the blessings. I know I'll miss some, but I'll hit the highlights.

After more than a year of 32 hour weeks, Tom's job returned to 40 hour weeks in April. And he was even able to get some overtime this year.

Tom had surgery on his shoulder and had a bone spur removed. It really helped with his shoulder pain which was a huge blessing.

I discovered that my ovaries had quit working and I had started menopause (I'd had a hysterectomy several years ago, but they left my ovaries). The first medicine she tried me on seems to have helped a lot.

The doctors found out that I didn't have asthma, my trachea was collapsed. Fortunately, there was a very good doctor in OKC who could help me and he did. He is truly one of the favorite doctors that I have ever had and I feel lucky to have had him help me with my breathing problems. The biggest blessing is that the surgery went well and it seems to have helped my breathing, although I think it may be a few weeks before we can tell for sure how much.

As you look back over the last year, remember to focus on your blessings!

1 comment:

Louise said...

nice to see you back blogging and it's great that the surgery went well. all the best for 2011!