Monday, November 15, 2010

2 Years and Days 293-305: Catching Up

Well, Tom pointed out to me that I am really neglecting the blog. He's right. I have lots of reasons (excuses, whatever you prefer). The main one being that I've been so discouraged that it's been hard to be positive and think of anything positive to write. Another is that Tom and I are not doing very well with the Dave Ramsey principles and I feel like a huge failure in that area. We are having to borrow against his 401k this week to pay to get our bathroom fixed and to help pay for my surgeries over the next few months. I had hoped to never have to borrow money again. Because we are, well I feel like a loser. We haven't had an emergency fund for months, we're blowing money in ways we shouldn't be, and well, as everyone already knows, I"m just feeling lousy. So I'm not sure where to go from here with the blog.

On a positive note, I am going to have the first of 3 laser surgeries on November 24th to clear out my trachea and hopefully help my breathing. It would be great if they could get it all in one and I am praying for that. But I am so glad that they can do it this way where i just have to take off a few days every few weeks rather than closing down for several weeks for major surgery. So pray that the laser surgery works, the other alternative is much more invasive and scary.

Thanks for all the support!

2 comments:

Di said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. maybe when you get to feeling better, you can get back on track somewhat. Of course you can't give up everything, or you are bound to regress eventually. Just concentrate on getting well right now!

Louise said...

I hope the surgeries go well for you, rest up well beforehand.
Your not a loser, unfortunately 'life' happens and knocks our plans way off kilter, it's harder to recover from those financial knocks as we get older, but all we can do is keep plodding along.
all the best