Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 Years and 98 Days and the baby EF

Continuing yesterday's theme of talking about the goals I've set in the different areas of life. In the financial area, I want to get our baby emergency fund built back up. It is at 0 right now which is a very disturbing feeling. With Tom being back at 40 hours a week and having the chance at overtime after he gets off light duty (when he goes back to work he'll have a few weeks of light duty), that should help things considerably. Besides the Christmas holidays (when they got paid for both Friday holidays), Tom got his first full paycheck in 15 months last week. It was amazing! I am very grateful for him to be back to full-time hours and even more grateful that he is willing to work some Saturdays for the overtime pay. We plan to put every bit of that into the emergency fund. I'd like to come up with some other ways to earn extra $'s and plan to brainstorm on that today.

The census people have called several times wanting me to come work for them, but all of their trainings are during the daytime. When I applied, I was given the impression that the trainings would be available on evenings and weekends for people with daytime jobs. However, I have decided that it was not in God's plan for right now so I am looking for guidance and ideas for other ways to raise money. As always, your prayers in this area are appreciated.

Finally, for those of you who have prayed for Tom & I during the last 15 months while his hours were cut back, we are very thankful to you. Please continue your prayers as we continue our journey to being debt-free.

No comments: