Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2 Years and 103 Days & goals and more

First of all, Tom is back at work today. The doctor released him to go back on light duty. Please pray that he does okay and does not overdo it. Secondly, I have two interviews tonight (one drop-in, one full-time) and would appreciate prayers for wisdom and discernment and for God's will to be made clear to me.

Today I want to talk about some of the goals I've set in other areas of my life. We've talked about financial, career, physical, and personal goals so far. The other areas are family, social, and spiritual. In the area of family life, I have committed to going out on at least one date alone with Tom each month. I would also like us to try to take at least 2 overnight trips alone each year. Even if we just go to a hotel with a jacuzzi and spend the night, just getting away alone is good for the relationship. Secondly, as my children are growing up, I want to make sure that I spend time with them when possible. Looking back, it seems just yesterday that Serenity was a little girl starting her first day of kindergarten and now she's graduating from college! That also goes to extended family, too. Making time to spend with them is important too. In the area of spiritual growth, I have made a commitment to myself to get up earlier each morning to make sure that I have time to do my daily devotional and pray to start the day. In the social area of my life, Tom and I have a great Christian couple that we've been hanging out with the last 3 months. It is the first time in our marriage that we've really had another couple to hang out with and it has been a lot of fun. We play games together, fix meals for each other, go out to eat together, and support each other. I thank God each day for bringing our new BFF's into our life!

No comments: