Friday, January 22, 2010

2 Years and 8 Days and Tom's job

Well, here we are almost a month into 2010 and Tom is still working 32 hours a week. So far nothing has come of the Friday clean-up gig. Tom was told this week that they "might" be ready to start "one" group on February 5th. I have to confess to getting really discouraged. We've been praying for over a year that he would get back to 40 hours a week and still nothing. But then I think of all the people who do not have jobs at all or even worse, the people in Haiti and I realize how truly lucky and blessed we are. So I'll keep praying but I'll also keep in mind our blessings.

This weekend is a fairly busy one. Tonight I'm going to a friend's party to celebrate her promotion. Tomorrow is grocery shopping and a couples date! I am super excited about that! I'm also hoping we can get some of the books gone through that we didn't get done last week and I can get some more bookwork caught up to get ready for taxes.

From one of my favorite hymns:

Count your blessings, name them one by one.
Count your many blessing, see what God has done.

2 comments:

Di said...

I hope you all had a good time last night. It is great to see you trying to start the new year with a more optimistic mood. Sometimes attitude can make a big difference in how you feel, and what you can accomplish! Love you both. Have fun tonight and tomorrow!

KiddoKare1 said...

We did have fun last night. We're trying really hard to get out alone at least a couple of times a month. Last night was the first time in 3 weeks and we had a good time. Unfortunately, my friend is sick so her party got canceled tonight, but I'll just go in and get my grocery shopping done.