Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 600 and lessons I have learned

Today is day 600 of our journey and I thought it was a good time to talk about all the lessons I have learned on this journey.

#1: Always, always, always look to the Lord for my strength! When I've wavered and become discouraged, it's because I've taken my eyes off of the Lord.

#2: Pray and read my Bible, all the time, but even more when I'm discouraged. This keeps me focused on the Lord.

#3: Be grateful for what we have and it is a lot: a home, food, jobs, health insurance, a wonderful church, great friends & family, and the list goes on and on.

#4: No matter what, as long as Tom & I have each other and rely on God, we can make it through anything.

#5: Never, never, never give up. Feeling like giving up? Refer back to #'s 1 & 2!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is a great way of looking at things! I see you added to the emergency fund. Gratz :)

KiddoKare1 said...

OH yes! I forgot to write about that yesterday. I had a drop-in and I put that money in the EF. I'll have that same child at least one day this next week too and plan to put that money into the EF too. Any little bit I can add helps, right? Oh and I sold a book on half.com last month so I should be getting that deposit in a few days and it can also go in the ef. It's about $20.

Di said...

I believe your faith will see you through this rough patch. Baby steps is all you can hope for right now!