Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 500...and looking for something profound to say

Wow, 500 days of this journey and writing about it on the blog. I wish I had something profound to say today. About the only thing that keeps coming to mind is the quote "never, never, never, never give up!" That's what I keep telling myself lately. It seems things have been tough, but I guess that's life. I'm sad because I lost some kids last week (one of the families had been with me almost 8 years). I'm sad because my great-uncle passed away. Even though he had been in poor health, it still makes me sad. I'm still worrying over Serenity, even though SHE insists that she's fine (that's a mom for you though). And I talked yesterday about how overwhelmed I feel about everything lately around the house. It's tough to get myself together and do everything that I need to when I feel this way. But when I look back at the progress that we've made, I feel better. It is a journey.

No comments: