Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 494 and happy birthday to me

Yep, today's my birthday. I am 43 years old! I remember back when I was in my early 30's being sort of bummed out on my birthday because I felt like we should have had our life more together by then. LOL. Now here it is over a decade later and we still don't have our life that together. But now I'm definitely older and maybe a little wiser and wonder does anyone ever truly have their life "together"? I am not sure. Some people sure have the appearance of it, but appearances can be deceiving. One thing I do know is that we are incredibly blessed no matter what day to day problems we may be facing.

Also, I had a sort of "duh" moment yesterday. It truly had not occurred to me until that moment (which was just as well), but I think I figured out why I was so emotional about Serenity's accident (besides the obvious reasons) but I think it was because of my brother dying in a car accident. Anyway, when I talked to Serenity yesterday, she was planning on driving herself to work. It would be the first time that she'd driven since the accident. I wanted to call last night and see if it went okay but I am getting on her nerves calling everyday so I thought calling twice would probably really get on her nerves. LOL.

4 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

I think your life is more together than you realize. I'm glad Serenity is recovering. So try to relax and have a happy birthday!

Di said...

Things are getting better for you every day, even if it doesn't seem like it. Keep your chin up and have a wonderful birthday weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks Linda, Di, and Anon!