Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 316 and thoughts on being thankful

Last night at church, our preacher talked about being thankful. How it is a conscious act and takes effort. He shared these following thoughts:

1. Tune your focus to see the good things of life. Practice being thankful.
2. Adjust your attitude.
3. Look for new things! Don't just be thankful for the same old things.
4. Exercise your gratitude muscle.
5. Realize things could be worse.
6. Realize how much you already have.
7. Pass gratitude onto others.

One other thing I'd like to add is to be thankful for the tough times in your life, too. That is when we grow and learn the most, in my opinion. I would not be the person I am today if it were not for the tough times in my life.

Tomorrow: a list of what I'm thankful for (both good times and bad!)

No comments: