Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 151 and first I can drive 55 update

Last night I filled the van up for the first time since we started the driving 55 experiment. We had driven about 120 miles in it when we started so this wasn't a true test, BUT, the mileage went from 20 mpg to 24.61 mpg! That's a pretty good difference. That's about 75 miles per tank extra, or 1 1/2 trips to Enid, or almost two trips to church and back, or about $12 saved per tank of gas! I'm anxious to see what the next tank shows and I'm anxious to try it out with Tom's car. I haven't noticed a huge difference in the amount of time it takes to get to church and Tom said he thinks it's adding about 5 minutes to his commute.

Tomorrow I'm going to OKC to spend the night for a child care conference on Saturday. I'm so excited! This is my first overnight trip since last August with my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip, and please, RELAX and enjoy yourself....with NO GUILT!!!!!!You deserve it!

KiddoKare1 said...

Me? Feel guilty? Would I do that? LOL