Monday, January 14, 2008

Day One-Introduction and Goals

Hello! My husband and I are starting on our second Dave Ramsey FPU (Financial Peace University) class through our church. Last night was our first official class. We really want to do better this time. We have to remember that we didn't get in this mess overnight and we won't get out overnight (hence the "Crockpot Cruise" title). I'm starting this blog to help me track our progress and hold ourselves accountable. This is going to require me to open up about stuff I'd rather keep private and put myself out there for people to see, warts and all.

I've been married to the love of my life Tom for 15 years. We have three children, Serenity, a sophomore in college, Josh, a Sr. in high school, and Natasha, a freshman in high school. I've done child care in my home since August 1993, and I am currently working towards getting my bachelor's degree online through the University of Oklahoma.

So my goals for this next week:
1. Do up quickie budget for FPU class
2. Find some things to sell to get $1000 in EF (Emergency Fund)
3. Post our debt numbers on the blog
4. Post everyday on the blog

5 comments:

Jacolyn said...

A few friends of ours have some Financial Peace as well and swear by it. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I need to do that Emergency Fund someday myself :-) Mandy

Anonymous said...

I will be checking out your blog regularly. I wish you lots of luck! Di

Mom Thumb said...

Being debt free these days is quite an accomplishment. If anyone can do it, it's you and Tom. Best of luck!

KiddoKare1 said...

Thanks everyone! Linda, I wish I had the faith in myself that you have in me. LOL.

Tracy