Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 4: Updates and being $5 and $10'd to broke

Sometimes I feel like my kids are going to $5 and $10 me right into the poorhouse. "Mom, I need $4 for this, $10 for this, Mom, Mom, Mom!" Tom jokes that our initials are the same: ATM. LOL.

An update on my goals for this week:

1. I've finished up the quickie budget for our FPU homework for Sunday night.
2. I listed and sold (within 24 hours) a couple of my textbooks on half.com! (Thanks Mandy for inspiring me yesterday). That will be about $20 to add to the EF. We always have $50 held out of Tom's paychecks and put into our savings account (which is tied to our checking account). Inevitably, we end up spending it. So I'm going to get that out before we do and put it with the EF. That will be $70 total added to the EF.
3. I got our debt numbers posted on the blog. I plan to pay a couple of the smaller ones this week. When I do, I'll post my progress.
4. I've posted 4 days in a row so far!

Some new goals for the next few days (I'm giving myself a deadline of Tuesday).
1. Get a Christmas Club account set up through our bank. That way when Christmas rolls around next year, I'll have some $'s saved up.
2. Set up some pre-authorized checking account withdrawals for some of our bills. This is a FPU suggestion to help build discipline.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a word of encouragement! It sounds like you really have the right attitude. hang in there, and you will make it!!

Mom Thumb said...

I admire your commitment to this, and the fact that you are posting daily. Keep taking those 'baby steps' and soon you will have run a marathon!