Follow by Email

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some weights lifted

Well, some of the things that have been on our shoulders over the last few weeks were finally lifted somewhat last week. I do ask for continued prayers for our family and appreciate all the prayers that have already come.

One of the things that I can share about is our house insurance ordeal. In mid-August, we got a letter from our home insurance that they were not renewing us. It said to call to see if our agent had "other options" for us. So I called and was told if we would switch our car insurance to them, they wouldn't drop us. Now, I don't like being told what to do, but even more than that, I don't like feeling like I'm being blackmailed. To top it off, the car insurance was going to be 3-4 times what we are currently paying. So I started looking for other options on house insurance. One of the places I called was our car insurance agent (I've had my car insurance with the same agency since I was a teenager). We finally got word last Friday that we would be able to get our house insurance through them. It is only about $30 more a month than what we were paying and we'll get a discount on our car insurance so it will come very close to coming out even. That was a huge weight lifted. I am rather fond of having house insurance!

2 comments:

Brenda Goetz Salladay said...

Insurance is so stinking high! We now have very high deductables. We are thinking about looking around. We haven't had any claims since I backed into a car in 2003 at Northern campus and non on our house since early 2001 and this year our deductables went through the roof. Crazy!!

Serenity said...

That's awesome! I am glad you got it worked out.