Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 527 and the teeny-tiny baby emergency fund

Well, in the last few weeks, our baby emergency fund has dwindled down to where it's teeny-tiny, almost premature. LOL. Seriously, it is under $100 right now and we've got to get it back up there. We've still got the money set aside for Tom's car repair ($400 since March), but it hasn't been done yet. I'm trying to come up with some ideas of ways to pull in extra $'s, but until summer vacation is over, that's going to be hard. I've got two kids who are on DHS payment and spending time with their dads this summer. I don't get paid when they are not here, and that along with other things combines to drop my income in the summer. Don't get me wrong, the break is much needed and appreciated, but it does make the summer stressful. This coming year, I'd like to try to finally put aside some money to help get through the summer. I've tried to do that for years, but never seem to manage. Maybe this will finally be the year!

No comments: