Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 330 and 17 years ago today

Ok, well this is going to be a sappy post. So just prepare yourselves! LOL!

Seventeen years ago today, Tom and I had our first date. If you don't know the story of how we met, here it is: I was managing the Wendy's in Enid. Tom used to come in there almost everyday for lunch. He almost always ordered a double cheeseburger, so we called him "Double Cheese". I thought he was really cute and sweet so one day as I was making my managerial rounds to check on customers, I stopped to talk to him. I asked him if he was married. LOL. He wasn't. So a few days later when he came through the drive-thru, I asked him out. I still cannot believe I did that! Anyway, we were supposed to meet up on Friday night the 6th at a bar, but he never came. I give him a hard time for standing me up. He's lucky that I gave him another chance. LOL. Actually, I'm the lucky one! Anyway, he came through the drive-thru that Saturday and told me that he had something else come up and asked if we could go out Sunday night. So on Sunday, I called him and we talked and decided to go bowling. We had a great time, I felt comfortable with him right away. From that point on, we were pretty much inseparable. A little over a year later, we got married (more on that later this week!).

When I think of the chain of events that led me to Enid and that job at Wendy's and meeting Tom, I know that God works things out for the best. It may not always seem that way at the time, but looking back, I can see God's hand in everything.

Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you asked him out! We are blessed to have you in our lives :-)

Anonymous said...

I will second what Mandy said! I feel truly blessed to have a sister-in-law that understands me and accepts me as I am and that I can truly call a Very Good Friend!

Mom Thumb said...

Aww, that is so sweet, I love 'how we got together' stories!

Jeff (viewfromthecloud.blogspot.com) also has a good one in his archives, April 30,2008.