Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 145 and Seeking the Minimum Level (from the Tightwad Gazette)

One of the articles in the Tightwad Gazette book is on "seeking the minimum level". What this means is do you fill the cup up with laundry soap just because it's in there or do you experiment and see how much will get your clothes clean? Do you always put toothpaste all the way across your toothbrush because that's the way it shows in the ads or do you see if less will work just as well? What she suggests is cutting back in some of these areas little by little until you reach a level that doesn't work, then increase it back up again. I think this is a very interesting concept. I know that I do that with my toothpaste, I put it all the way across the brush without even thinking. I'm going to experiment with cutting that back. I already generally use less laundry soap than recommended and have never been able to tell a difference in our clothes.

If you are interested in finding and buying this book, I looked online at Amazon.com and Wal-mart.com and they both had it in stock. You can go to www.google.com and do a search for "The Complete Tightwad Gazette" to find other places where you can purchase it. You might also try your local library, although this is definitely a book that I'd suggest you own, if at all possible.

No comments: