Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 153 and Paying it Forward

As you can see, I made it home safely. The trip was great and lots of fun. Most important of all, I didn't get lost once. LOL!

Have you ever seen the movie, "Pay it Forward"? It's a really good movie about a child who starts something where he does something kind and asks the next person to do something kind and it just snowballs from there. So this evening, when I came back through Enid, I stopped at Aldi's to get my grocery shopping done before coming on home. When I got there and looked through my purse and in Tom's car, I didn't have a quarter for the carts. (I keep a quarter in my van just for getting a cart at Aldi's). So I dug up 25 cents and was going to go in and ask the cashier for a quarter. As I was getting my bags out of the backseat, a lady comes over to me and says "do you need a cart, ma'am". I said "yes, thank you" and reached for my 25 cents. She just shook her head and smiled and left. I know it was only 25 cents, but it was just so kind! When I got done and ready to leave, I looked around for someone to give the cart to, but there was noone, so I just left it there with the quarter in it for the next person to find and use. Hopefully, they'll pass it on to the next person. Even if they don't, it made me smile that a total stranger was so nice to me and then I was able to be nice to the next person.

Happy birthday today to Hailee, our great-niece. Hailee's 5 years old today!

No comments: