Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 117 and Busy Day Ahead

No school today (unused snow day), and all 7 kids all day long so I'm thinking naptime might be interesting! LOL! Then tonight, Tom & I have to finish getting ready for the garage sale. Quite frankly, most of the week I've been wondering what in the world made us decide to do this. Can we really make enough money to make this worth all the time we've put into it? I'm not sure! Keep your fingers crossed for us.

What else? Let's see, my goal is to make it through this weekend without eating out. It will be seriously tempting with the garage sale tomorrow, but eating out will eat into our profits, so it's not a good idea. LOL. We have had Sonic drinks once this week, Tom brought them home Wednesday.

Can anyone believe it's already a week into May and in just a couple of weeks school will be out? I have to decide whether I'm going to hire a teenager (former child care girl) to help me out this summer. On one hand, it will be money out of the budget. On the other, if she could keep the younger children occupied, it would give me a chance to do more with the older kids. Tasha's not as interested in helping out as she used to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly usually make decent money at a garage sale so I am happy afterwards that I did it, so lets hope you do good. :-) If not for some reason, you cleaned out a lot of stuff you needed to get rid of anyways!

KiddoKare1 said...

I think we'd have done a little better if we'd had more time to go through stuff, but we'll start now gathering stuff for when you have one so I can hopefully make some more. Considering we didn't really have any big ticket items to sell, we didn't do too bad.