Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day 87 and another birthday today!

Today is Josh's 19th birthday. It sometimes seems like just yesterday that he was born. When I remember what he went through after he was born (he almost died), I just realize what an incredible blessing it is to be celebrating his 19th birthday today!

I am feeling a bit down today. We had a club meeting last night, and it was a rough one. I think several of us went home feeling bummed out, discouraged, and probably even ticked off. Sometimes working in a group with other people can be such hard work. People aren't perfect which means that things don't always go smoothly. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of WHY we do what we do in our group. Just say some prayers that we come through this rough patch okay and continue on with our good work in the community.

Hope you are all having a great day! I just heard a rumble of thunder outside!

4 comments:

Mom Thumb said...

Bet you heard a lot more thunder later! Happy Birthday to Josh!

KiddoKare1 said...

Ha, yeah I did! Sure explained why my kids acted like they'd lost their minds yesterday morning. A storm was moving in.

Anonymous said...

I am still feeling bummed and discouraged, but I am trying to get past it! Love you!

KiddoKare1 said...

Love you too, Di!